Friday, November 16, 2007

"My cheeks are still chubby . . ."

When I woke up a few mornings ago, Caroline's sweet face was staring right at me. She smiled a big grin and said "good morning!" and I said, "good morning, stinky (it's an affectionate term I use whether I think she's stinky or not)."

She was lying there with a little hand under one of her cheeks. She stayed like that for a moment smiling at me and then she stopped, as if something had occurred to her--

She said, "My cheeks are still chubby," and she squeezed the side of her face that had the hand under it and added, "I can feel them squishin."

At which point I grabbed her and sqeezed her until she almost couldn't breathe. I love it when she says things like that. :)

2 comments:

  1. You squeezed her in a big hug and said "Thank you for giving me another adorable quote to post on the blog!" :)

    ReplyDelete