Tuesday, October 30, 2007

New Friends

Ever since we moved, Caroline has been actively seeking friends. Every Sunday she wants to know who will be at church. Every other day she wants to know who we are seeing today. If I say I don't know, she'll supply me with suggestions.

She's really excited to be making so many friends. She loves listing all of their names and she said once, "I can't believe I have so many friends. I can't even count them all!"

Granted, making friends is extremely easy at three, especially when your approach involves simply staring at a kid until he or she looks at you and then, when he/she does, waving and (if that goes well) saying, "do you wanna play?"

On our second or third visit to the church we are now attending, I went to pick her up from her class and she was holding a little girl's hand. I said, "Did you find a friend?" And she said, "Uh-huh, her's my best friend!" I said, "What's her name?"

She turned to the girl and said, "What's your name?"

Today we saw this little girl (whose name is Addy, by the way) along with several other children. We visited the Dallas Arboretum--it was a great outing! I'd go every day if it were closer.

Here is Caroline with her best baby friend (in Frisco), Violet. When we first met Violet, Caroline called her Baby Eye-lip. She went from that to Vi-lip. And now that she knows better,
she calls her VioleT with a very strong T.


This is Addy, who is a month shy of three but taller than Caroline. :)

And here is the whole group, including Addy's baby sister Sadie and Isaac, Elijah, and Lucy. Caroline liked playing with the boys, except when she slipped and bruised her knee and said
she didn't want to play their game anymore.

It was so nice to be outside in the pretty fall weather. Caroline ran
and played (and danced) herself to exhaustion.

1 comment:

  1. Who wouldn't want to be Caroline's friend?...she's such a sweetie. I love how she loves on Violet...it means so much as a mom for anyone to love your little one.

    ReplyDelete